CCGX VRM remote firmware update 1342 error

Hello

I've a CCGX running 4.28 and a Quattro that is shown as not updeatalbe 1342:

1649249630900.png

Following the FAQ Q2:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:remote_ve.bus_firmware_updates

I understand this is the reasons why I can't update it:

1649249702344.png

What I'm unsure if the reasons why is really that the CCGX hw is too old or it's the quattro that it's too old? The FAQ refers to the CCGX but what confuse me is that it's the Quattro being a MK2 rather than a MK3.

Can anyone confirm replacing the CCGX with a newer hardware would allow remote firmware upgrade on my Quattro?

Thanks a lot in advance

CCGX Color Controlfirmware update
1649249630900.png (32.4 KiB)
1649249702344.png (27.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @stepir

It's the older CCGX causing this, not the Quattro. I have the same issue with my own >5yo unit on a Multiplus.

The remote firmware update is still a serious procedure, and a local update using a MK3 VEBus to usb dongle will be the cheapest way.

I might step up to a Cerbo one day, but only for it's other features, certainly not for remote firmware updates alone. These updates are really only recommended if you have issues or want a new feature that may be introduced.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stepir avatar image stepir commented ·
Thanks a lot @JohnC !!!
0 Likes 0 ·
stepir avatar image stepir commented ·

so again thanks to @JohnC - my CCGX died one week ago and had to replace it - the new one is absolutely able to provide remote updates now also to my Quattro

0 Likes 0 ·
rodolfo avatar image
rodolfo answered ·

Will Victron solve this problem via firmware, or it is impossible to solve it without changing the CCGX for a new one?

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:remote_ve.bus_firmware_updates

@Rodolfo It is a hardware limitation and can't be solved with a firmware update.

2 |3000