question

ma-ka avatar image
ma-ka asked

VictronConnect no devices listed in VRM Tab

Hi

I installed Victron Connect App (latest Version) on my Android and have a connection to my MPPT 75/10 over Bluetooth and over bluetooth it is working fine. I can see the data in vrm.victronenergy.com too. But when I open in my VictronConnect Android App the tab "VRM" is no device listed. Do you see what I'm doing wrong?

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@ma_ka

are those devices connected via VE.Direct to your GX device? Only then you'll get access to them via the VRM tab in VictronConnect.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @ma_ka

Are you logged in into VRM in VictronConnect?
And did you enable VRM two way communication on the GX device?
See https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/victonconnect-remote--vc-r----configuration-and-monitoring-via-vrm.html

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

ma-ka avatar image
ma-ka answered ·

Hi Thiemo and Stefanie

I don't use a GX, I have an MPPT 75/10 with VE. Direct. But I just have seen that I would need a GX that the data are visible in VRM Tab?

4 comments
2 |3000

Yes, definitely one of the GX devices (CCGX, Venus GX or Cerbo GX). Or a GlobalLink 520, which has built-in 4G LTE-M. That's where you connect your VE.Direct devices to and then the data will be logged via the GX device to VRM.

https://www.victronenergy.de/panel-systems-remote-monitoring

https://www.victronenergy.de/panel-systems-remote-monitoring/globallink-520

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Stefanie (and @ma_ka )

A GlobalLink 520 will not show up on the VRM tab in VictronConnect and can thus not be used to look at the data or change settings of the attached devices with VictronConnect. It will send the data to the VRM website where the data will be available. In that regard it has the same behavior as the VE.Direct LoraWAN.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·
Noted. Thanks Thiemo. I didn't know that.
0 Likes 0 ·
robbief avatar image robbief Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·
Any idea as to when this will be available in the VictronConnect App.
0 Likes 0 ·
cstenger avatar image
cstenger answered ·

When will we get to see it in the VRM tab, Victron?

2 |3000

Related Resources