question

joergsc avatar image
joergsc asked

Solaredge SE27.6K on Multiplus-II AC-IN

Hello,
a short questions about the Solaredge SE27.6K Inverters with 3Pcs Multiplus-II (3-Phase System with about 10kWh Battery).
Is it also possible to use the Solaredge SE27.6K on the AC-IN Port of the Multiplus-II ?

like here, but connected to AC-IN:capture22b.jpg

The PV System with the Solaredge SE27.6K is already installed, the ESS with Multiplus-II, Cerbo-GX etc. have to be added.

Because of the 1.0 Rule, the Solaredge SE27.6K can not add on the AC-OUT of the Multiplus-II.

I know if the Public Grid is down, then the PV Generators also not work, but this would be no problem for me.

Multiplus-IIac couplingsolaredge
capture22b.jpg (52.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi,

yes, this is possible. You need a grid meter for this to work though, if you live in Germany and you are billed for the net sum of all phases, go for EM24 grid meter, not ET340.

BR

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bulraydin avatar image
bulraydin answered ·

Hi Markus, we will try out the same setup. There will be a automatic transfer switch which will connect the Solaredge to AC-out in case of grid loss. Due to 1:1 rule, at the same time we will disconnect one PV-String from solaredge, so that the output power of Solaredge never exceeds 15kVA.

For this to realize we are looking for a DC contactor of 750VDC and 20ADC.

Has anyone tried this before ?

1 comment
2 |3000

andreas-ziegenfeldt avatar image andreas-ziegenfeldt commented ·

I’m doing it as we speak, but I will not disconnect any panels and I have 32kwp. Why Should I? How ever I will limit the SE to 3x20A (main fuse size)~ 3x4,6kw when I switch over the inverter from before the MP2 to “after” the MP2. If my loads then are lower then 3x20A the MP2 will change the HZ and that will tell the Inverter to minimize the production.

• 50.2Hz, 100% Power

• 51.2Hz, 0% Power

• 51.5Hz converter disconnects

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

AC-coupling and the Factor 1.0 rule

AC-coupled PV with Fronius PV Inverters

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic