question

Sam Wutschke avatar image
Sam Wutschke asked

Multiple BMV in one system

Hi All,

Í'm about to install an Venus GX in my exciting system in my camper.

Now:

I've got
- an starter Battery, with a BMV 600 (Powered by engine alternator)
- an House Battery, with a BMV 702 (Powered by grid/PV)

Both connected with a Cyrix-ct.

Can I display both battery banks with the SOC's and the load on one display?

Greetz

BMV Battery MonitorVenus GX - VGXgx deviceCyrix Battery Combiner
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It is possible to connect two BMV devices to a single Venus device. You will see both of them in the "Device List" and from there you can read the parameters of each one.
However, you can only assign one of them to be the System Battery Monitor from within the "Settings -> System Setup" menus and this should be the BMV 702 in your case. Only this one will show up on the graphical displays and also only its values will be contributed to your VRM site if you are using that.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Sam Wutschke avatar image
Sam Wutschke answered ·

Okay...

Is this something that will change in the future?
I read in the Venus OS v2.30~35 (modifications)

"The main new feature, integration with MFDs as used on the helms of a yacht, has seen major progress. It now shows information about solar, battery chargers, inverters, inverter/chargers, secondary batteries and 3-phase systems. With that; all pending functional improvements are done; its time to test them! "

Can I assume this is something that will appear on all GX devices?
Would love to see my complete energy system on one display.

2 |3000

Related Resources