question

peetarr avatar image
peetarr asked

How do I connect an Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) wiring to a Multiplus?

My generator has ATS out plug with 3 wires Red, Black, Yellow. Could you please tell me where they go on multi plus inverter/charger so i can activate auto start/Stop function. Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerGenerator
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Martin Coetzee avatar image Martin Coetzee commented ·

I once did this on a site and connected it to my battery monitor its got a contact on the back, each generator is different you have to connect it into the control panel on the generator. I set it to start at a certain SOC and stop at a different SOC. settings are done on your BMV.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Sorry we would have no idea as to what wire does what. you will need to get the generators manual.

Plus I dont even now the inverter model you are talking about

I suggest you contact your local Victron agent to organize this for you

plus its not as simple as just plugging a wire in

you would need a CCGX or venus device and or a MK2 or MK3 to program the inverter

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peetarr avatar image peetarr commented ·

It is a multiplus 12/3000 and yes I have the mk3 to program the inverter

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

You write it yourself: its an -output- from the generator to a transfer switch, not an input to switch the generator.

I strongly advice you to get a qualified installer to help with setting up your system.

2 |3000

johnny80002 avatar image
johnny80002 answered ·

You know I did type out a very big reply to this question but as I got more into it I felt like I had more questions as to what your trying to achieve.

With question on here you must be very specific on what your asking and what you would like to achieve...I understand your 3 wire question and want the generator to start but what are you trying to achieve?

Are u wanting the inverter to run stop the generator .there is also a multi control which can start up your generator and adjust the amps used

2 |3000