question

Nickus de Vos avatar image
Nickus de Vos asked

Multiplus 1200/12/50 can I set a low battery cutout?

Hi all

I have a Multiplus 1200/12/50 connected to a BlueNova 4KWH LifeYPO4 battery.

I forgot to turn off the inverter so the battery got drained to the point of the battery shutting itself down, fortunately it has this protection built in. As a belt and braces approach, is it possible to set a low battery cutout on the Multiplus as well so that it can shut down before the battery reaches its internal shut off voltage?

P.S. From what I read so far, trying to charge a heavily discharged LifeYPO4 battery with too high amps can damage the battery. Does the Multiplus compensate for this, does it start off charging at low amps if a batteries voltage is very low?

Thanks, Nick

Multiplus-IILithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

You can (and should!!) configure everything with VE-Configure and an MK3-usb cable.

Did you read the manual?

The point your battery protects itself is at a voltage where you don't yet need to use a low current charge.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

geomz avatar image
geomz answered ·

Just to add to @boekel's answer,

The MK3 cable is my preferred way (because everything you need is right there and no need for anything external).

But Victron offers the ability to update these units using VRM, if you have a Color Control GX or Venus GX unit, as well.

Using the VRM website, you can download the config file into VEConfig (an application you should definitely have, and become quite familiar with), and make the necessary changes (ones that should have been made long before using the batteries :) ), specific to your batteries. This includes their absorption, float, *and* the warning/cutoff protection voltages. These voltages should be well north of any of the protections built into the batteries' BMS. All of those numbers should be provided to you by your battery vendor.

2 |3000

harmodio avatar image
harmodio answered ·

Whats the factory battery low pre alarm?

I can not see this in its manual.

thanks

2 |3000