question

pokerfjes avatar image
pokerfjes asked

48V Multiplus II with 16s lithium-ion battery bank?

Hi all, I've got a Multiplus II 48/3000 which I intended to run with a 14S lithium-ion battery bank.
This will however be a bit of a challenge with the battery bank physical layout and super messy wiring.
Not sure why I didn't discover the max input voltage rating of 66V on the MP2 before today, but moving from 14S to 16S will really help a lot. I do not plan on running the lithium cells higher than 4.0-4.1 volts anyway - which means I'll stay within the 66V max.

Is there any reason you could think of that suggest I should stick to the plan and go with 14S?
Both 14 and 16S allows me to stay within a nice range for the lithium-ion cells (3.2-4.1V)

The only two issues I can think of, are that I have to run triple solar panels to stay above the system voltage and that I may be pushing the spec of some standard fuses?

Thanks!

Multiplus-IILithium Battery
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·

Hi

Yes run with 14s much better and a standard sizing for voltage control etc for the victron equipment, As i run a very similar system with no issues at all.

Running at higher does put more stress on components in a 48v system.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
john-poul avatar image
john-poul answered ·

You can better do an 16S at a lower cell voltage of 3,5 - 3,7 so your main power stays steady and have more capacity.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.