question

yld avatar image
yld asked

Multiplus-II Load Shedding on AC-Out-2

Hi,

Similar to this question / answer, I am wondering if there is a way to program the multiplus II to disable / load shed AC-Out-2 in the event that the multiplus is entering an overload condition, while on battery power.

My ideal situation is this:

• Multiplus II operating in inverting mode (no AC-IN connected)
  • Critical loads on AC-Out-1 (Air conditioner, fans, lights, etc)
  • Non critical loads (water heater, cooktop) on AC-Out-2
  • If AC-Out-1 + AC-Out-2 triggers an overload on the multiplus, instead of going into a fault condition and cutting of all output power, AC-Out-2 is disconnected and AC-Out-1 continues functioning (assuming it's below the overload threshold).

Is this a possible configuration? The alternative would be to configure the relays to "disconnect AC-Out-2 when load higher than X watts (maybe 2200w) for X seconds (maybe 5 seconds). The problem with this is that it doesn't account for inverter temps and actual max continuous load. I could set more conservative values (disconnect at 1800w), but then I'm potentially load shedding in an event when I don't need to.

Thanks!

Multiplus-IIVEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@yld

You can set two conditions for off. Depending on whether you combine them in one assistant or separate; they are AND OR logic. So will need some testing on your part.

The 2000W load (or normal running temperature cut off) and also an led status off condition like overload alarm or overload pre alarm. Then if there is de rating then both conditions are covered.

Don't forget to set an on condition as well.

img-20220319-191402.jpg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.