question

houser avatar image
houser asked

Sending a node red payload from one Venus GX to another?

Hello,

Would it be possible to send a node red payload from one Venus GX (Venus OS Large) to another, using just the Victron back-end for networking, if the IP addressing and security could be solved?
I would like to send solar forecast once or twice daily to 2-3 Venus GX installs on the same offgrid island. Maybe using web sockets or similar, could it be done, would it be allowed?
What would the smartest way to achieve this be?

Many thanks for any helpful comments.

Venus OSNode-RED
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pau1phi11ips avatar image pau1phi11ips commented ·
Did you figure this out?
0 Likes 0 ·
houser avatar image houser pau1phi11ips commented ·
Working on it..;) There is a decent post at the end of it that describes one way of doing it that might help you.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
mrhappy avatar image
mrhappy answered ·

Hello.

Just a quick note from me, not sure if it is helpful. I did experiment with this briefly half a year ago, attempting to send information from a running node-red instance on a laptop to the one on my Raspberry Pi. I remember I did succeed using the "tcp in" and "tcp out" -nodes. Unfortunately I disregarded that project quickly so I don't remember exactly how I did it more than those nodes are what I used...

Hope you get it working,

MrHappy

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Pablo avatar image
Pablo answered ·

Hi,

You could Use the Mqtt broker of both Venus devices and a node red flow reading one topic from one broker and writing one the other one.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/70837/how-to-bidirectional-integration-of-venusos-and-ho.html

2 |3000