question

pim avatar image
pim asked

Cerbo GX and Node-RED via Venus OS Large: dashboard functions?

Dear Victron-users,

I recently bought a Cerbo GX with touchscreen and after a few days of tweaking I decided I want more, for example a custom dashboard. Installing Venus OS Large was the best solution I was told so I installed it on the Cerbo and activated Node-RED. Via the URL and the specific port I can access Node-Red and put instances on the grid with connections etc. But..... that's where it stops for me ;-). I cannot create a custom dashboard. On all the YouTube films I watched, I see in the left column a submenu "dashboard" with for example gauges etc. but I don't see this menu and when I go to URL/ui I get a error there isn't a GUI. Can someone help me a little bit forward?

Kind regards,

Pim

cerbo gxVenus OSNode-RED
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pim avatar image pim commented ·

I don't see this menu below (I saw it in several YouTube tutorials). I do need this do I?

naamloos-1.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
naamloos-1.jpg (32.7 KiB)
1 Answer
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

You need to add the dash board Node... Search the web about managing the palette and adding nodes

1612893722979.png

1612893722979.png (229.4 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pim avatar image pim commented ·

Thnx, will check this tomorrow. By the way, I suppose I will manage to design a dashboard and make it visible on a webpage but how will it become visible in the Cerbo GX?

0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image bathnm pim commented ·

Unfortunately it won’t. You will have to access from an external device

0 Likes 0 ·
pim avatar image pim bathnm commented ·

That's a pitty.... I hoped to make a custom dashboard to add as an extra dashboard visible in the Victron touch screen but now I understand it's only browserbased / VRM-based. Thanks for you information!

0 Likes 0 ·