question

aglowack avatar image
aglowack asked

Shunt stauts isn't accurate.

I installed a Victron shunt with my new Dakota lithium starting battery. The shunt is wired correctly and I can see draw when I start my engine or when my graphs are on. I can also see the charge when running my engine or charging wit the charger. I've checked status while I am fishing and the draw down and recharge seems fine. The last two trips I check the status before trailering my boat and the shunt showed 92 on one trip and 94 on the other. I check again when I got home and both times the shunt showed 100%. I hooked my charger up yesterday and it charged for about 35 minutes before going into float mode so the battery was not at 100%. When I installed the shunt I charged the battery to 100% and synchronized the shunt. Any ideas?

installationaccuracy
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

How have you configured the shunt?

Did you match the settings to your battery?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

aglowack avatar image aglowack commented ·

I think so I have the following settings for my 60ah lithium battery, should I have the Battery starts syncronized set to off (blue ball to the left)?:

Battery capacity: 60 ah

Charged voltage: 13.2V

Discharge floor: 20%

Tail current 4.00%

Charge detection time: 3m

Peukert exponent: 1.01

Charge efficiency factor: 99%

Current threshold: 0.10A

Time to-go-averaging period: 3m

Battery starts synchronized: the blue ball is to the right.

0 Likes 0 ·
aglowack avatar image
aglowack answered ·

I think so I have the following settings for my 60ah lithium battery, should I have the Battery starts syncronized set to off (blue ball to the left)?:

Battery capacity: 60 ah

Charged voltage: 13.2V

Discharge floor: 20%

Tail current 4.00%

Charge detection time: 3m

Peukert exponent: 1.01

Charge efficiency factor: 99%

Current threshold: 0.10A

Time to-go-averaging period: 3m

Battery starts synchronized: the blue ball is to the right.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic