question

tomo avatar image
tomo asked

Connected a BMV 712 monitor to my caravan but nothing has turned on

Connected the BMV 712 MONITOR BUT NOTHING IS ON Blank screen

installation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

There are a number of things that could cause this. It might be difficult to diagnose over a text conversation.

My very first thoughts are to check that the red wire that goes from the battery + terminal is good and it is connected to the B1 terminal of the shunt. The green terminal block has two holes in it, B1 and B2, it must be in B1.
The next thought is to check that the fuse along that red wire is intact.
I can't think of much else now without a mental picture of how your setup looks.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tomo avatar image
tomo answered ·

Thank you for your Help to date.

Received the new monitor yesterday.

My husband has installed the monitor into the caravan following the provided instructions and unfortunately there is no power going to the battery monitor.

He has checked the fuse on the positive supply cable which is plugged into B1 and connected to the positive battery terminal it’s ok, (not blown)
The shunt is wired correctly & the batteries are two brand new 120amp hour Full River batteries.
The UTP cable has been checked at both the shunt and the battery monitor.

Now we’re wondering if the new monitor is faulty or maybe the wiring that came with the unit is faulty?

Frustrating to say the least!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic