I wondered if I could please ask for some advice...
I live in a place with unreliable power supply, so I make use of a portable generator (not pure sine wave) when there is no power. Since I want to run sensitive electronics, I purchased a Phoenix 24/375 pure sinewave inverter. Instead of using a battery, I am using a switch-mode power supply unit connected to the generator's AC output, to provide the 24VDC required. I am aware that the instruction manual advises against this setup, however I have managed to run many different AC loads on the inverter like this - with no hassles (tested to around 160W load).
The problem arises when I connect just my TV, which draws 140W, to the inverter. All of a sudden, the inverter shuts down with a high DC ripple alarm. I see that the ripple is quoted to be 100mV on my DC power supply. I cannot find any data sheets regarding the unit's internals.
Any advice or notes, on this behaviour I have witnessed, will be hugely appreciated.