question

petajoule avatar image
petajoule asked

Venus GX - one or two USB host ports?

I'm looking at the tech specs of a Venus GX which say there are two USB host ports. Looking at the Venus GX "high quality photos", there seems to be only one. So which one is it?

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@PetaJoule

The Venus GX has two USB ports, one on the front side, the other on the back side where the terminal block sits.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

My Venus has 2 usb ports. Both are fully functional, 1 has a usb to ve direct cable, the other 1 has a usb BT dongle in it.

1 is on the top face, the other 1 is on the bottom face. Orientation re screen printing.

2 |3000

petajoule avatar image
petajoule answered ·

1647085535819.png

Ok, thank you. So you are saying, that the USB sits on the top side (in the picture), which is never photographed in Victron material or elsewhere, and also there is no print "USB" as it is for the other one (bottom side)?

Good job Victron. Thank you community.

1647085535819.png (788.2 KiB)
6 comments
2 |3000

But filmed (at 0:58 seconds):

0 Likes 0 ·
petajoule avatar image petajoule Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

"The truth is out there". Yeah. So 3-4 seconds in some movie (and shown in a different context) is - I hope - not a justification for the omission(s) I pointed out.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ petajoule commented ·

I am not arguing here. Actually, I just wanted to answer your initial question.

1 Like 1 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ petajoule commented ·

I'm also not sure what your question is about. Apparently you own a Venus GX and you don't have to ask this question. https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/64309/venusgx-suddenly-lost-contact-to-quattro.html

When it comes to pointing out a possible error in the documentation, you can ask the question differently or simply point it out and hope that Victron will then correct the error as quickly as possible.

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

The Venus GX manual has been available for quite some time should you google it.

0 Likes 0 ·
petajoule avatar image petajoule klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Yeah, great and it also does not contain any view of the ominous VenusGX north.
0 Likes 0 ·