question

komalkk avatar image
komalkk asked

Victron Cerbogx issue

Hello Everyone,

I have been using Victron Cerbogx for 7months. Suddenly i got an issue with that. The wifi access point is always Orange color Disabled and bluetooth light is not at all blinking. There is no way to access the Wifi network of my Cerbogx. I tried with Ethernet cable to access the victron Icon on my MFD screen. it is also not coming. I don't know where exactly the problem is. I did short reset and long reset but Wifi access point is always Orange color disabled. could some one help me how can i overcome with this issue.

cerbo gxvictron
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
sac-rv avatar image
sac-rv answered ·

Did you restart your router too?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

komalkk avatar image komalkk commented ·

To restart the Cerbogx. I can't see the Remote console GX touch screen on my MFD or on my PC. I can't even do ssh to the network because it's wifi access point is always orange color disabled. it is not connected to any network to do the restart. The only way to stop and start the cerbogx is by removing the power connection from the Cerbogx. I did that. when i plug the socket again the wifi access point is always in orange color. I tried connecting HDMI cable to Cerbogx to see the GX touch screen display, that is also not coming. I don't know what to do. Is there any other way to access that?

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes, I restarted the router too but still having the same problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
komalkk avatar image
komalkk answered ·

To restart the Cerbogx. I can't see the Remote console GX touch screen on my MFD or on my PC. I can't even do ssh to the network because it's wifi access point is always orange color disabled. it is not connected to any network to do the restart. The only way to stop and start the cerbogx is by removing the power connection from the Cerbogx. I did that. when i plug the socket again the wifi access point is always in orange color. I tried connecting HDMI cable to Cerbogx to see the GX touch screen display, that is also not coming. I don't know what to do. Is there any other way to access that?

2 |3000

Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @komalkk,

I suggest you follow the Reset to factory defaults procedure described in the Cerbo GX manual, set it up again and see if this helps solving the connection problems.

8 comments
2 |3000

Thank you for the response. I will follow the factory reset procedure
0 Likes 0 ·

I copied the venus-data.tgz file into USB drive. I turn on my Cerbogx and i have connected the USB drive. I have waited for 2 hours but still the WIFI access point is orange color disabled and no bluetooth light is coming on the device. How long should i wait for boot.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ komalkk commented ·

Just to be sure, did you connect the USB drive before you turned on the Cerbo or did you turn the Cerbo on and then connected the USB drive? The Cerbo needs to be off, then connect the USB drive, then power on the Cerbo and wait for it to boot and proceed with the Reset to factory defaults procedure.

If it does not boot at all then I'm afraid your Cerbo is dead and should be replaced.

0 Likes 0 ·
komalkk avatar image komalkk Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
I tried connecting USB first and i turn on the Cerbogx but it was not working
0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ komalkk commented ·

Thanks. In that case I suggest to contact the Victron dealer where you bought the Cerbo GX from and ask for a replacement.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ok, Thank you, One more question i am having regarding the Cerbogx. I have another Cerbogx device with me. i conncted to my office network but the signal strenght is always showing 45% even we have the good signal. I don't want to do Firmware update but i have to fix this issue. Is there any solution for this?
0 Likes 0 ·

I am not sure what problem you are talking about.

The signal strength is what it is, the result of the existing possibilities, i.e. environment, router with wifi network etc. On one of my systems, the Cerbo is 2.5m from the router. Nothing in between and in the same space. The signal strength is 74%, although I would expect closer to 100%. But then it's just a number with no meaning as long as it works.

The only idea that comes to mind is a range extender for your WiFi network or a wired ethernet connection (preferred).

It could also be that your Cerbo is affected by a WiFi problem, which fortunately is not widespread. More about this here:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/82877/cerbo-gx-wi-fi-issue-when-having-the-gx-touch-conn.html

0 Likes 0 ·

Thank you. I will go through that

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources