question

Bill avatar image
Bill asked

Two SmartSolar Controllers and Smart Battery Sense SmartNetworked together

I have two SS CC and a SBS BT networked together. Each of the controllers shows they are connected to the SBS and receiving Temp and Voltage. (green check boxes in Settings) When I look at them in Victron Connect I see the Temps are the same but the voltages are different. I assumed that was because I had to connect then disconnect to each, one at a time. So I brought up the VC app on three devices at the same time to compare. The voltages were different on all three at the same time. Not by much. 12.3, 12.21 and 12.41 . All the devices are within 2 meters of each other. Why would they be different?

-Bill

Smart Battery Sensecharge controller compatibility
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
David Foret (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
David Foret (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Smart Battery Sense will give the voltage sensed @ the battery in order for the MPPTs to charge at a compensated voltage versus temperature, but each MPPT sees individually the battery voltage at their own battery terminal. The difference in voltage they measure is due to cabling resistance...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic