question

adev avatar image
adev asked

Import historical data from MPPT to VenusOS Raspberry Pi?

I have had a MPPT 100/20 running for almost 3 years, and I've exported all the data from it periodically to save it in CSV files and spreadsheet. I've just recently setup a Raspberry Pi running Venus OS and integrated it with my 100/20 MPPT and a smart shunt, which is all working beautifully.

I was hoping I would be able to import the relevant historical data I have from the MPPT history into the system so I can make use of that data from the last few years. It seems I might be able to do this by inspecting the data that's stored when an internet connection is not available, formatting my data in a similar way and injecting it into those files. Anyone have any tips on doing that? where is the data stored (in what file, and what directory) when internet connection is not available?

Any tips or thoughts gratefully received.

SmartShuntVenus GX - VGXRaspberry Pi
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

adev avatar image adev commented ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) Would you be able to comment on which file/directory the temporary data is stored whilst it is waiting for internet connection to be restored? Or if not do you know who that question is best directed to?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
haven avatar image
haven answered ·

This item works as designed but the associated software does not allow collection of history, so it really does not meet my needs when hooked to my BMV 702. Basically it just makes my computer a second display so it only shows real time data. I guess it will show history from the MPPT controllers but the cord is way to short to reach them on the other side of my boat. Also the software will not connect my windows PC to the Bluetooth signal from those controllers.

RapidFS

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

adev avatar image adev commented ·
My VRM system seems to be logging data from both my MPPT (100/20) and smart shunt, but what I’m trying to do is manually inject the historic data that I have stored over the years from just the MPPT.
0 Likes 0 ·