question

Matteo Sperandio avatar image
Matteo Sperandio asked

Easysolar-II GX 48/5000 + Pylontech

Hello,

I'm reading posts on this community for some month but this is my first post. I'm a newbie on solar system, (just built one 0.5KW off-grid system for a rural warehouse), so forgive me for stupid questions.

Now I want to build an off-grid system for 5KW max AC OUT for a rural house and after some study the Victron products and DC coupled system are very attractive.

I'm thinking to build it using Easysolar-II GX 48/5000 + 4x Pylontech ES2000 + 16x24V Mono Victron Panels + 4KW emergency generator. The PV panels will be arranged on 4 strings paralleled with 4panel on series on each string.

I have some doubts:

The string arrangements is right or I need additionals MPPT for each string?

The external emergency generator can be attached on the AC IN of the Easy Solar and switched on only in case the Battery Voltage goes to a minimum value?

May I expand the system with additional Pylontech ES2000 modules if needed?

Any other suggestion or observation related to my setup is welcome.

Regards,

Matteo

MPPT ControllersGeneratorEasySolar All-in-Oneoffgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

That unit has a 250V 100A charge controller. 4kW PV is a good size for this charge controller and 4S4P string configuration is good also.

A generator can be connected to AC-IN and there is a relay available for generator start /stop function.

From memory, Pylontech US2000 batteries can be be expanded to 8x units without the need for a LV Hub. More than 8 and then you need a LV hub also. Better to check Pylontech documentation to be sure.

There is some documentation for Victron / Pylontech here:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.