question

mito avatar image
mito asked

Cerbo GX current drain

Dear community

I have installed a new system with 2 parallel Multigrid II , 10 KVA Pylontech Batteries (BMS CAN) , Cerbo (only WIFI) and DVCC, no PV and Genset for charging battery Bank. Cerbo has Color Touch Panel (disable screen after 15 seconds), 2 analog inputs to control relays for genset start stop relay and temperature to control relays for coolers, also ethernet and bluetooth disabled.

I am concerned because DC Power is draining between 30 to 40 Watts from Batteries (confimed Control Panel with amperimeter measurement), without any load, in addition to the multis self-consumption of 16 watts. So on average there is 45 watts being drained from bank , even at no loads, what seem excessive and not what I have seen in other installations.
1645013366068.png

I tested disconnecting Cerbo relays , but no significant changes show.

Appreciatte to hear some idea to solve problem

cerbo gxmultiplus in paralleldc system
1645013366068.png (66.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@mito

Your inverters on with no load, use power as they are on.

In the technical specifications they are up to 18W depending on what mode they are in. So 34W is to be expected since you have a parellel setup. And the Cerbo also uses power. Do you have a screen? That would add more consumption. Add maybe 5to 7w.

So all things considered your system is fine there arent any problems there.

If your system has no DC devices then there is no need to have has dc system switched on.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mito avatar image
mito answered ·

Thanks Alexandra.

After I checked the data, I agree with you that my system consumption is Ok.

The only thing that was misleading is that the AC loads that shows the Dashboard when no loads are applied, are not the total self consumption of inverters , but only the master inverter.

So I can consider solved my issue.

2 |3000