question

irwin1 avatar image
irwin1 asked

No Smart Shunt Bluetooth connection

I have had a Smart Shunt for over a year and all worked well on my iPhone and iPad. I updated my phone and now can’t log in.

The attached photo is the message I get. We have tried three other devices and the same happens. It asked to enter the code shown on the “Smart Shunt” but there is no number.

I have tried the following, turn unit off and back on, check blue light and it’s flashing, tried PIN numbers etc, still no go.

Interesting the iPad still logs in ok and still has its Bluetooth code in its list. None of the other devices will load the Bluetooth code. I have read that you can turn Bluetooth on and off on the App, but can’t find this option on mine.
ddd0db04-a489-4096-9ed5-419ca7ce3c8c.png

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Irwin1,

did you try the bluetooth connection troubleshooting guide of victronConnect? See here: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/troubleshooting.html

Another thing you could try is toggle bluetooth off on your iPhone and restart the phone. Then switch Bluetooth on and try again.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi

Here you should just fill in the pin code that is last set on the SmartShunt. When this pin is not accepted, the easiest thing to do is change pincode using the ipad, either via de regular pin change option in the settings menu, or via de pin reset of the main device list: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_ResetPIN

After this, you should be able to connect with the iPhone again using the pincode "000000".

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

1 comment
2 |3000

irwin1 avatar image irwin1 commented ·
Hi, Thanks I put the code back to 000000 and it allowed me to log in.

thanks

Happy Aussie

0 Likes 0 ·
irwin1 avatar image
irwin1 answered ·

Hi, I done as you suggested and put the pass code back to 000000 and it then allowed me to log in.

thanks

Happy Aussie

2 |3000