question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.82 released

Good afternoon Venus OS beta testers,

Earlier today we released Venus OS v2.82.

• Fix missing Modbus-TCP register 777, which is the register for Solar Charger PV current. The register was removed in v2.80.
  • Fix issues (MPPT Error #67 – No BMS, and Inverter shutdown) when having a CAN-bus connected battery, DVCC and another battery monitor on the same battery bank. This is fixed by reverting the related code & functionality to how it was on v2.73. The issue was introduced in v2.80.
  • Fix issue that, sometimes, greyed out the Enable toggles of analog tank inputs. Issue was introduced a long time ago.
  • Improve the recently introduced wireless Bluetooth sensor feature, used for the Ruuvi sensors, to use always use all connected Bluetooth adapters. This allows increasing the range by adding a USB adapter on a slightly longer USB extension cable; as well as allows to use a USB Bluetooth adapter on a Cerbo GX. For which adapter to use, see this list of tested third party USB Bluetooth adapters.

With this, all urgent issues relating to v2.80, released last week, have been fixed.

All the best, Matthijs

Venus OS
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johnny-brusevold avatar image johnny-brusevold commented ·

Hi, @mvader (Victron Energy)

Has now set up a pi with only 2 ruuvi tags (nothing else)

Venus OS v2.82 (latest). Both sensors are located 50cm from pi.

Gets the same error message in log as with the older images. pi2 pi3b+ and pi4

Previous Venus OS (v2.82-5) run for 24 hours provides 1.5MB error log, as well as 54 grayed out ruuvi tags in bluetooth sensor list.

These are not existing sensors, because I have scanned for other sensors, and they do not exist. The range should not be a problem, since pi and the sensors are in the same room, but I can sit here in a building next to reading both sensors.

Have also tested with usb dongle and disabled internal bluetooth with the same result.

raspberrypi2 user.err kernel: [  522.738478] Bluetooth: hci0: Malicious advertising data. Stopping processing

Another thing is that I can no longer use 'special' characters to name sensors.

The same in Lage, where all special characters became more special ala Chinese by my imported flow. ℃ became 5 cryptic characters

0 Likes 0 ·
olafd avatar image olafd johnny-brusevold commented ·

Hi @johnny-brusevold,

for the Ruuvitags I reduced the Bluetooth-Speed to 460800.

Source:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/119966/spikes-in-data-collected-from-ruuvitags.html

After this change there are no ‘not existing sensors’ anymore.

Settings > I/O > Bluetooth sensors

The Error-Logs for the Ruuvi-Sensors are also gone after this change.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ johnny-brusevold commented ·

Hi @Johnny Brusevold , I'm not sure what that is. I haven't seen such issues on any official GX device. So, lets keep this in a different Q&A thread; and perhaps first give this a try:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/119966/spikes-in-data-collected-from-ruuvitags.html

You know where to change that file on your system? If not pls ask there; thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
johnny-brusevold avatar image johnny-brusevold mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

@mvader (Victron Energy)

found a bug in the kernel, patched and tested that the errors are gone

I do not know exactly where to post such related errors, therefore I posted under the os version I am testing

0 Likes 0 ·
info-6 avatar image info-6 johnny-brusevold commented ·

can you tell us, which bug in the kernel you found ?

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Al avatar image
Al answered ·

I confirm 2 x Bluetooth dongles both Connected on their own USB cables at different ends of the boat to a CCGX, and automatically work plug and play for the second dongle with Ruuvis connected to both. That's great. :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ivo12s avatar image
ivo12s answered ·

Just as newbee I tested new version with "OS driver for Morningstar MPPT" solar charger adon installed (it works with 2.73 version). The Menu application with definition of charger´s IP address works but final information from the charger does not work/wisible in VRM...

2 |3000

n-dee avatar image
n-dee answered ·

Just updated from 2.73 final to 2.82 final but the fluctuation around the gridsetpoint is worse (like i reported during 2.80 beta aswell. So I will revert back till this is solved.

-> See picture (on left side before upgrade, then the spike where the upgrade was running and then on the right side after the upgrade. Same grid setpoint!)

There are reports from long time ago that victron doesn't meet the grid setpoint adequately.
When will this be adressed? Up to now it gets worse.

1644606282659.png

regards,
Andy

1644606282659.png (59.9 KiB)
7 comments
2 |3000

Hi @N-DEE

Can you describe your system? (PV inverter involved?)

0 Likes 0 ·
n-dee avatar image n-dee Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

6x multiplus II 5000, 5x mppt, 1x Fronius Symo

It doesn't matter if Symo is active or not.

My workmate has the same problem
He's got 6x multiplus II 3000, 5x mppt and 2x Fronius symo

We both don't have smartmeters anymore as the problem is even worse when using them.
He reported this the first time on 26.04.2020 https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/48374/netz-0-stellung.html

regards
Andy

0 Likes 0 ·

Thats how it looks now with 2,82 (Gridset -20)
Most of the time we're feeding in 200w which we're loosing in/from the Battery.

1644782448311.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1644782448311.png (70.1 KiB)
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ n-dee commented ·

Hi @N-DEE

What is the VRM url number, or VRM id of your system?
0 Likes 0 ·

The ID is c0847dc9a951
Thanks for investigating - it would be really great if the regulation around grid setpoint will be faster or at least more precise (not that huge swings) in the future.

Another interesting thing which I've got (and my installateur doesn't know what to do) is that we have a drop on MPPT WEST 2 at 14:50 (no shading, pure sun)
Maybe you've got an idea. Unfortunately this is only when there's pure sun so tomorrow we've got bad weather and it won't occur.

regards

Andy

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ n-dee commented ·

Hi @N-DEE it has to doe with item #10 here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2022/01/31/venus-os-v2-80/

setting ESS regulation to 'individual phase' should change things.

you are not actually buying and selling grid power, but it's loading all inverters with the same power. the type of grid meter defines how it is shown in the overview.

0 Likes 0 ·

#10 is fine for me as I live in Austria and there is no billing with new option which is correct. But i upgraded from 6x3000 to 6x5000 in the past to overcome the old style. So nothing of interest for me.

My problem is that victron multiplusses are fluctuating very much around zero. often up to 500 watts, in general around 100 to 300 watts into negative (selling) and positive (buying). that drains the battery more than neccessary in the night.
And that got even a little more worse with the new firmware.
Furthermore YES we are buying and selling. I can verify that on my providers side. Everyday we are buying between 0,8 to 1kwh because of that.

With ESS to individual it's the same fluctuation. No difference at all.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources