question

chrisjarrett avatar image
chrisjarrett asked

Raspberry Pi 4 but Remote Console won’t connect

Using a MacBook Pro, I installed the Victron Venus OS (v2.73) onto a Raspberry Pi 4 to monitor a BMV-712 battery monitor. The Victron Portal works fine using Safari with either an iPhone or a MacBook Pro. But selecting “Remote Console” from the drop-down menu fails to connect.

Using VictronConnect on the iPhone, the BMV-712 and two Raspberry Pi devices show up (only one of which shows Bluetooth strength) but the following pop-up error message occurs:

“An error occurred attempting to connect to the VRM portal. Please check your network connection and try again. Error code:R204”.

Clicking “OK” removes the pop-up window. Then clicking the Raspberry Pi device showing Bluetooth opens a screen with the CerboGX image but the information on the page shows the product to be a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1 along with the it’s serial number, the VRM ID, the firmware (2.73), and host 192.168.1.20 for “Remote Console”.

There are now 2 links available: Remote Console and VRM ONLINE PORTAL.

By clicking, “Remote Console”, the remote console starts and works fine.

By clicking “VRM ONLINE PORTAL”, my system shows up fine on the vrm.victronenergy.com website.

But after getting to this website, if I select Remote Console from the drop down menu, I receive an error message that reads:

“Failed to set up a connection to the GX device. Check your connection and try again.” There is also a “learn more” link that is not helpful.

In Settings/Remote Console, the “Enable on VRM” is set to “on”.

Does anyone know how to overcome this limitation so that the Remote Console can be accessed remotely?

Thank you in advance.

Venus OSVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

In Settings / Remote Console there is an Enable on VRM on/off switch which needs to be on.

There is also a separate on/off for Enable on LAN.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chrisjarrett avatar image chrisjarrett commented ·

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, the Enable on VRM switch is already in the “on” position.

0 Likes 0 ·
chrisjarrett avatar image chrisjarrett commented ·
Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, the Enable VRM switch is in the “on” position.
0 Likes 0 ·
do2frk avatar image
do2frk answered ·

Hab das gleiche Problem mit meinem Raspberry Pi 3 B plus nach einem neu flash der sd karte

2 |3000