question

dgorman avatar image
dgorman asked

Can I view the ccgx html5 Mfd display on an iPad?

Hi,

Can I use an iPad to to GX mqtt url and use the mfd display instead of the ColorGX display without using a rPI or a middle manager...?

installationgx device
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Anil Ghatikar avatar image Anil Ghatikar commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi, @Dgorman,

Do you know the "Remote Console on LAN" feature?

You can view the "Remote Console" inside your LAN on hardly any web browser device.

Just enter the IP of the VenusGX in a browser on the same LAN.

Regards,

Markus

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dgorman avatar image dgorman commented ·

Yes I’m aware of that - it’s the ColorGX layout. Can we use the MFD layout instead? The ColorGX layout is quite dated looking.

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image markus ♦♦ dgorman commented ·

Oh, now I got what you mean. Yes, it is the same way with the MFD. It is just an additional HTML5 Webpage running on the Venus device.

1 Like 1 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hey, to add to @Markus, the address for the mfd app is http://venus.local/app

Note that its only available in release candidates for now. And note that venus.local might not work; and for more details see preliminary change log which I posted in the modifications space.

5 comments
2 |3000

dgorman avatar image dgorman commented ·

Yup, also http://gx-ip-address/app worked great. Love it!!

If I ssh as root, I assume I can make changes to the HTML5 code, but also am aware that f future releases could overwrite the files.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ dgorman commented ·

Hi; indeed!

And this overwriting is something we intend to have a solution for; so cthat you can install your own app; and that it keeps operational (until we change some API. :-). ).

0 Likes 0 ·
technomadia avatar image technomadia commented ·

FYI - if you go to Venus.local and MQTT is not enabled, the graphic that comes up gives incorrect instructions on where to go to enable it. Should I report that issue here, or somewhere else?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ technomadia commented ·

Thanks, noted!

Next time; please the latest Venus OS beta post. Now its a bit of coincidence that I’m seeing it :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Anil Ghatikar avatar image Anil Ghatikar commented ·

I can confirm that the release candidate works on Ipad safari and chrome but the formatting sometimes is funny when you rotate the device

0 Likes 0 ·
permariusteigen avatar image
permariusteigen answered ·

Hello.

Is it possible to get the tank guage into the MFD screen?

2 |3000

kurtinge avatar image
kurtinge answered ·

http://your_server_name_or_ip/app/.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic