question

soenke avatar image
soenke asked

Starter Battery Voltage in VRM Portal with SmartShunt (Cerbo 2.80)

Hi,

I have seen some Screenshots showing the starter battery voltage in VRM Portal. But I can't get it to work.
I have a SmartShunt connected to my main battery, the auxiliary measurement is connected to the starter battery. SmartShunt (Firmware 4.08) is connected to Cerbo GX with 2.80 firmware. In the Cerbo I have activated the starter battery measurement under Settings/System Setup/Battery Measurements. But it does not show up.

Do you have any suggestions?

thanks!

VRMVenus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
soenke avatar image
soenke answered ·

Problem solved with 2.82 firmware!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Not sure where you're looking, but try the advanced screen, you may have to turn on the widget for it.

3 comments
2 |3000

soenke avatar image soenke commented ·
I should have mentioned, under "Advanced" I turned the widget on and it is visible and data is shown. So in general the data is correctly transferred to the Portal.

But nothing is shown at the Dashboard. The "tile" at the dashboard is missing.

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw soenke commented ·
@soenke Did you enable "Show Details" on the VRM dashboard?
0 Likes 0 ·
soenke avatar image soenke ejrossouw commented ·
Yes.
0 Likes 0 ·
soenke avatar image
soenke answered ·

Hi,

I add some pictures from the net showing the Starter Battery Voltage in VRM Portal to get everyone to know, what I mean - what is not showing in my portal.handy.jpeg

pc.png

Second: I deactivated the measurement and activated it back on, but had no luck.

Thanks!

handy.jpeg (329.6 KiB)
pc.png (529.7 KiB)
9 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

Is the screenshot from before the Venus 2.8 update?

Did you update the shunt firmware?

0 Likes 0 ·
soenke avatar image soenke kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
These screenshots are not mine. They are from the web. The people said, they have 2.80-43 (big screenshot) and 2.8 final (mobile screenshot).

At my installation the starter battery voltage never showed up. As written I have updated the firmware of the SmartShunt to 4.08 and the Cerbo to 2.8 final.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ soenke commented ·
Ist der Minuspol der Starterbatterie mit dem Minus des Systems (Load-Seite des Shunts) verbunden?

Wird die Spannung der Starterbatterie in VictronConnect und im GX-Gerät angezeigt?

0 Likes 0 ·
soenke avatar image soenke Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Ja, so ist es. Gemeinsame Masse vorhanden und Spannung wird im Cerbo und in der App angezeigt. Auch im VRM-Portal unter Advanced kann ich mir den Verlauf der Starter-Batterie-Spannung im Diagramm anzeigen lassen. Werte kommen also an. Aber im Dashboard bekomme ich einfach diese Statusanzeige der aktuellen Spannung der Starter-Batterie nicht angezeigt.

Yes, that's true. There is a common ground and voltage is displayed in the Cerbo and in the app. I can also display the history of the starter battery voltages in the diagram in the VRM portal under Advanced. Values are coming to the VRM. But in the dashboard I just don't get this status display of the current voltage of the starter battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ soenke commented ·
Und Sie nutzen das original Victron VE.Direct Kabel, um den SmartShunt mit dem Gx-Gerät zu verbinden?
0 Likes 0 ·

Ich habe das gerade bei mir versucht nachzuvollziehen. Normalerweise nutze ich den Aux-Anschluss nicht. Ich sehe die Starterbatteriespannung im VRM Dashboard.

Folgende Schritte waren notwendig:

1. über die VictronConnect app unter Verschiedenes den Aux Input auf Starterbatterie stellen

2. Das GX-Gerät neu starten unter Allgemein/Reboot (notwendig für Schritt 3)

3. Nach dem Neustart unter Einstellungen/System Setup/Batteriemessungen jetzt die Batterie von Versteckt auf Sichtbar einstellen und eventuell noch den Namen ändern (wenn Schritt 2 nicht erfolgt, wird diese Einstellung nicht zu sehen sein)

4. Jetzt sollte die Batterie in VRM Dashboard zu sehen sein (siehe meinen Screenshot)

bildschirmfoto-2022-02-03-um-120016.png

0 Likes 0 ·

Danke für die ausführlichen Schritte. Ich habe noch mal die Sichtbarkeit deaktiviert und einen reboot gemacht. Danach genau nach Ihrer Anleitung vorgegangen. Leider ohne Erfolg.

Interessant: in der "HTML5-App-Seite" wird die Starterbatterie entsprechend der Einstellung im Cerbo angezeigt. Aber im VRM Portal kommt die Anzeige nicht.

img-6561.pngimg-6560.pngimg-6559.png

Wie man sieht, weder die Spannung des Wechselrichters, noch die Starterbatteriespannung wird im VRM angezeigt. In der "HTML5-App" sind die Dinge da. Ich glaube der Cerbo macht das schon richtig. Irgendwie scheint bei mir das VRM Portal "verbogen" zu sein.

Thanks for the detailed steps. I deactivated the visibility again and did a reboot. Then proceeded exactly according to your instructions. Unfortunately without success.

Interesting: the starter battery is displayed in the "HTML5 app page" according to the setting in the Cerbo. But the value does not appear in the VRM portal.

As you can see, neither the inverter voltage nor the starter battery voltage is displayed in the VRM. In the "HTML5 app" things are there. I think the Cerbo is doing it right. Somehow the VRM portal seems to be "bent" for me.

0 Likes 0 ·
img-6561.png (1.0 MiB)
img-6560.png (1.0 MiB)
img-6559.png (746.6 KiB)
Schade. Da bin ich jetzt leider auch überfragt. Die Systeme gleichen sich ja mehr oder weniger, mit der Ausnahme, dass ich hier zum Testen einen Raspberry benutze anstatt das Cerbo GX.

Nochmals nachgefragt: Sie benutzen ein original Victron VE.Direct Kabel, um den SmartShunt mit dem GX zu verbinden?

0 Likes 0 ·
Ja, ich nutze das originale VE.Direct Kabel.

Yes, I'm using an original VE.Direct Cable.

0 Likes 0 ·
maika avatar image
maika answered ·

Ich habe mit dem CerboGX genau die gleichen Probleme.
"In der "HTML5-App-Seite" wird die Starterbatterie entsprechend der Einstellung im Cerbo angezeigt. Aber im VRM Portal kommt die Anzeige nicht."

Noch wichtiger wäre, dass man die Starter Batterie (zumindest die Volt Anzeige) direkt auf dem Touchscreen in der Übersicht sehen kann.

Aktuell bin ich sehr enttäuscht vom CerboGX. So teuer (+ Touchscreen) und so wenige Möglichkeiten die Ansichten zu verändern..

Gibt es da Möglichkeiten zur Verbesserung?

Ebenso könnte auch der Last Ausgang vom MPPT 100/15 in der Übersicht mit angezeigt werden...

2 |3000