question

izzy010568 avatar image
izzy010568 asked

MPPT 100/50 History Problem

Hi all

We inherited a Victron EasySolar 24/1600/40-16 in our overland truck. About two weeks ago (when we were static for a while) we fitted a Smart Dongle to the BlueSolar MPPT part of the EasySolar system. It worked really well for around 5 days and then we turned the EasySolar off and isolated the batteries to fit an Orion-TR.

Since then, the Victron Connect app shows the MPPT history resetting itself mid-morning. I can see the charge coming in, the yield ramping up and then somewhere around 10.30 am, everything recorded in the history for 'today' disappears, and the whole process starts again, like the MPPT thinks it's a new day.

I've read some threads where the watt hours yielded are added to the previous days figures, but that doens't happem - they just disappear. Screenshot 1 shows the position at 10.16, by 11.42, that has been wiped. Note that yesterdays numbers remain the same.

The status screen shows the battery voltage the same, so I am assuming that whats come in has come in and been harvested. It's not a massive issue but frustrating as we wanted to be able to see the history to help us understand the capacity of this, new to us, system.

Any ideas on how to get the history syncing to the right day and not disppearing half way through?

Many thanks :)ss1.pngss2.png

MPPT ControllersVictronConnectEasySolar All-in-One
ss1.png (722.4 KiB)
ss2.png (355.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Wayne avatar image
Wayne answered ·

Hi Izzy

I have seen this before, when you isolated the system it has fooled the Controller that this is a new day when you reconnected, and it is out of sync. Suggest you try "resetting to defaults" disconnect PV and Battery, leave for an hour, reconnect - re program and hopefully, come morning it will be away again.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

izzy010568 avatar image izzy010568 commented ·
Thanks! That was my plan then we got on a ferry mid-day for ten hours- that seemed to resolve the problem!
0 Likes 0 ·