question

solartech12 avatar image
solartech12 asked

Soc not showing for Quatrro 10KVA on Color gx

My system consists of Axitec Li 10s batteries with Quatro 10kva and 250/100 mppts . I have chosen battery monitor as Can-bus BMS selected and inside services I have chosen the following CAN bus profile but still I State of Charge option is showing --- (see pic1)

I am using terminators at VE.CAN port on colorgx and also at the battery end

screenshot-2022-01-30-231136.png screenshot-2022-01-30-232803.png screenshot-2022-01-30-232956.png

CCGX Color ControlSOCquattro 10kva
10 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@solartech12

With the number of dropped packets I would wonder if the type b cable is ok?

0 Likes 0 ·
solartech12 avatar image solartech12 Alexandra ♦ commented ·
does that mean no communication is happening ? I do read battery readings like volts , amps , soc from canbus option
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ solartech12 commented ·
@solartech12

The Quattro may not be set to work out its own SOC. You are checking in the wrong menu there.

Under the devices list look for your battery then go under that sub menu not the one for the Quattro. if your battery does not appear in the devices list then it is not communicating.

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·
Victron documentation suggests you do not require termination at the battery side and indeed it is a type b cable. Do you VE.Can MPPTs?
0 Likes 0 ·
solartech12 avatar image solartech12 ejrossouw commented ·
no I am using VE.direct ports for mppts , the one I am after is for battery VE.CAN . they do say that termination is required at colorgx side but I didnt read battrery side termination . Can you please share where exactly its said
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ solartech12 commented ·
@solartech12

@ejrossouw is asking if you are using VE CAN mppts

The manual is clear you cannot connect VE CAN Battery of your type as well as the VE CAN MPPT type.

0 Likes 0 ·

but when I choose CAN-bus BMS (500 kbits/s) CAN-profile in the GX device, I see no battery added . when I select 250 kbs option then I see battery with its parameters . weird no?

0 Likes 0 ·

I cant connect VE CAN battery to where ? sorry I dont get you :(

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw solartech12 commented ·

When you have a CCGX, you cannot connect both a VE.Can MPPT and CAN.Bus battery to it at the same time. You will have to use VE.Direct for your MPPT or opt for a Cerbo to continue using the VE.Bus MPPT. This is described in the link or the manual Alexandra kindly provided and should have been your first port of call when you installed the system.

"Select the CAN-bus BMS (500 kbits/s) CAN-profile in the GX device. Menu path: Settings → Services → CAN-profile. Note that this changes the function of a VE.Can port: it is not possible to connect both VE.Can products and a AXIstorage battery together."

0 Likes 0 ·
solartech12 avatar image solartech12 ejrossouw commented ·
yes thats what I have done , mppt are conencted using VE.direct and battery using VE.Can port . thanks for highlighting
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page