question

tiger avatar image
tiger asked

Victron 100/30 mppt not reading correct income voltage

Have a reading of 22volts at the connection wire from the solar panels to controller but the incoming voltage is only reading 15 to 16 volts and low amps running 2 / 300watt panels and 2 / 140 ah lit ion batteries and they are down to 10.4 volts by midnight

victron products
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Perhaps you could wire the panels in series and report back?

Just dont go over the mppt's 100v PV input limit.

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
tiger avatar image
tiger answered ·

Thanks Klim8skeptic being new to using solar panels, so there is no issue hook them up in series which will give me 44 volt going into the controller and 600 watts

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Your under the mppt voltage and current limits, so allowed.

Your mppt will have a limit of around 430 watts or so at a battery voltage of 14.5v .

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Also check you connections and wiring from panels to MPPT. Voltage drop that high points to high resistance somewhere, or poor insulation and current leakage.

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Tiger

I don't know how you're measuring V, panels connected or not?

But understand that mppt chargers don't just measure panel V, they control it. To maximize production at optimum V, that's what they do.

Good idea to series wire the panels, but don't expect to see 44V in full production. It'll be down in the low-mid 30's. By design..

2 |3000

neki avatar image
neki answered ·

Anzway put it in serial. If you get only 15V they woldnt even charge, but what i can see maybe one panel is defect and giving a low voltage so it drop voltage from other. Try to check panel by panel.

2 |3000

tiger avatar image
tiger answered ·

Thanks everyone for your input I will made a couple of changes during the week and hopefully it will correct my issue thanks once again to all

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic