question

jcf avatar image
jcf asked

inverter mppt Master and salve config

Hello ,

I am new user of victron and I know that we can connect 2 inverter together to the same AC .

My question is bit more complicated than that .

charging-multiple-battery-at-the-same-times.png
The Australians law said we can connect the mppt inverter to the grid it's forbidden except if we ask the fournissor and let an electricians to do it .I don't want that .

My ideas is simple to respect the law and be connected to the grid ,I got an ideas I saw some power supply 240v to 400V 50A .

One mppt inverter will have a power supply 240V to 400V 50A connected to the solar panel inputs off course no solar panels will be connected on this inverter and the inverter will not see the difference .

Second mppt inverter will be connected to the solar panels 5KW .

both will be connected in parrallel to have 240V in the house .

QUESTION :
1) if my house use 2KW ,I want to get this power from the second MPPT inverter and turn on the first MPPT inverter to not use any electricy from the grid .

2)in case that the solar panel produce 5KW and my house is using 8k the first MPPT can come to help and produce 3k on the top of that ?

Please tell me which MPPT inverter can do .
Thank you

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

NONE of the Victron MPPT Solar Regulators are AC connect - all the Victron Mppt Regulators are DC connect

This means that they connect directly to a battery ie 48 volt battery.

You would then need a Multiplus/Quattro Inverter charger that then connects to the Batteries and then supplies power to the house when needed and or it can also export to the grid. subject to Local Electricity codes and permits etc

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.