question

ishtiaque-panhwar avatar image
ishtiaque-panhwar asked

DC-DC charger for Lithium-ion batteries with BMS and CAN communication.

I am looking for DC-DC charger that should be able to charge Lithium-ion batteries such as VARTA´s Easy Blade 24V and Easy Blade 48V enabled with integrated BMS and CAN communication features.

Is there any solution available or any products commercially available that can be customized to serve the purpose?

victron products
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jesse avatar image Jesse commented ·
Hi @Ishtiaque Panhwar ,

I've never seen a smart DC-DC, besides victron's bluetooth enabled ones which can't do much more than that.

Technically an MPPT solar controller is just an enhanced DC-DC step down charger, and some can do CAN communication. Provided the input voltage is high enough (battery +5V to startup) they don't actually care if it is coming from a solar panel or another battery, though I'm yet to experiment with them drawing from another DC boosting circuit I'd expect it to still work.

0 Likes 0 ·
campdaily avatar image campdaily Jesse commented ·
It would be interesting to see what results you get if you ever try this.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
sesshoumaru avatar image
sesshoumaru answered ·

Interessting.
A victron inverter (like the multiplus II) can charge managed batteries with BMS, but also any of the MPPT inverters can, as long a GX device does the CAN-bus communication. Maybe its worth a try - just a wild guess though. Hooking up an MPPT with managed battery and use a Cerbo for communication. Probably the "most expensive" DC-DC charger ever....

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

Check out the @safiery web site. They have an jnterestjng range of DC/DC devices

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic