question

Marc avatar image
Marc asked

Multiplus compact 1600 va ,,,

Hi all ,I am new to victron , I don’t know if any one can help but at the moment I think I might have a problem with the unit , I have set up a off the grid power , I have six 1000 amp batteries,12 v mppt controller, and nine 180 watt panels. What the problem is it will not connect to the generator, my generator is a 8 kva, I have turned of the ups, i have a mate that’s been helping and he is a electrician, as he says , it should just switch to charge when the generator is on , it’s done it once and did charge the batteries,, last night the power when off ,turned the generator on nothing, the unit keeps going on and off due to the unit not changing to generator power , any way I paid a lot of money for the unit and yes off eBay , so if any one can help that would be good or put me in contact with some one in Australia that we can talk too , thank you

multiple inverters
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

This one is usually down to the waveform from the generator. If it is badly distorted (lot of harmonics) then the multiplus won't connect. Sometimes a resistive load directly on the generator can help. 8kVA is a bit big for the 1600 multiplus, so make sure the input is fused correctly.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bbmz avatar image
bbmz answered ·

Also have you tried the different settings within your multiplus? There are quite a few options regarding generators on AC in - e.g. weak AC input? How old is the generator?

Furthermore please check the feed-in options of your multiplus - please disable these (if not already) when connected to a generator. Feeding power in your generator will probably kill it - especially newer ones.

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Marc

Have a look through this.. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

It may be something else too, but this is a good start point.

2 |3000

Marc avatar image
Marc answered ·

Thank you for your help , the generator is about two years old , thank you John c I have sent that two my friend who is helping me , on Sunday morning I lost power as the system was running all day and I turned the generator on and it was turning of and on for a bit but then it started to charge up the batteries ,charge up to 14.40 volts so don’t know why it desided to work but know no , any way I will keep playing

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic