question

peder-jacobsen avatar image
peder-jacobsen asked

Low voltage alarm on inverter

I am getting av low voltage alarm from my inverter. It seems to go off at 12.4v. But when I check my settings in Victron connect, it says 10,9 V. Is there somewehere else I need to adjust this as well? I use a Cerbo GX v2.73 and a Phoenox Inverter 12 V 800VA 230V V1.21

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Peder Jacobsen

The 10.9V looks like a default pre-alarm. I don't think there's anywhere else to set that.

But the alarm may well be real. If you have an inductive load, maybe a fridge motor or a pump starting, it's quite possible that will trigger it with just a mS spike. And by the time you check the V is normal. The inverter will ride through the spike, but it will register it. Especially if you have small batts or even dicky wiring/connections.

See if you can relate it to a load. I had this happen with a 1kW pump motor on a 5kVA inverter. It was telling me it had a faulty start capacitor, which I replaced and the issue went away.

So don't just blindly overlook it, it's worth taking a deeper look. You might also be able to spot spikes sometimes with the per-second Trend graphs in VictronConnect. Maybe initiate a few starts on suspect loads to see if you can replicate it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.