question

Allan Yates avatar image
Allan Yates asked

Should a Skylla-i GX light up and show in VRM when connected to a CCGX?

Should a Skylla-i GX control unit light up and show in VRM when connected to a CCGX, even if the Skylla-IP44 is not connected? I just purchased a Skylla-i GX control unit as an addition to my Victron system. For an initial test, as I am not at the ship, I took the CCGX (which I have out of the ship right now) and connected it to the Skylla-i GX. These are the only two units on the V.CAN network (with terminators) and no other devices connected to the CCGX. There are no lights showing at all on the Skylla-i GX and it does not appear on the device list in VRM.

I'm wondering if this is to be expected, as I don't have the Skylla-IP44 battery chargers connected, or if I have a defective unit.

Thanks,

Allan.

CCGX Color ControlSkylla
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

As the CCGX can ONLY receive data on the VE-Can as below. I do not know the answer . The info below may help

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.can:nmea-2000:start

What PGNs does the Color Control GX transmit on N2K?

Nothing. At the moment the CCGX only reads data from the NMEA 2000 network. The data it can read is:

• Victron Inverter/charger data

• Victron Battery monitor data

• Victron BMS data

• Victron Tank sender data as well as tank sender data from other manufacturers. See chapter 1.2.7 in the Color Control GX manual.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

max-b avatar image
max-b answered ·

On my setup, when the Skylla is not powered from the AC, it does not shows up on CCGX. When it is powered from the AC but switched off by the main switch, it does show up. In both case it is connected to the batteries. This is handy as you can then change settings from the CCGX (as main current limit) before switching it on.

Don't remember when not connected to battery.

2 |3000

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic