question

jonathant4 avatar image
jonathant4 asked

Lynx Ion BMS and Skylla-I low voltage alarm warning.

Hello,

Have run into an issue when using a Skylla I with a Lynx Ion BMS system. The issue is once the Victron Lithium’s are fully charged it opens the allow charge solenoid, this causes the Skylla-I to trigger a low voltage alarm on the colour gx as there is no longer any voltage on the charge bus as it’s not connected to the batteries anymore. It seems as if the Skylla-I hasn’t been designed to work with the Lynx Ion BMS however this is a bigger victron system and we don’t want alarms coming up when there is nothing wrong. Am hoping someone has run into this issue before or knows of a solution or might even have the exact same setup and don’t have this alarm. Any help or info on what others have done is much appreciated.

BMSCCGX Color ControlSkylla
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Having the Charge relay open is NOT a 'nothing wrong' situation - this should be regarded as an error.

You need to reduce the charge voltage from the Skylla so as the battery voltage does not rise to the point where the BMS does not accept charge any more. Charge should be limited by the set points in the charger, not the cut off voltage of the BMS. This will also prevent the 'low voltage' alarm.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources