question

Danakil avatar image
Danakil asked

Ve.Direct Protocol: Device state register

Hi everyone,

I am setting up the communication between some SmartSolars 250/100 and an embedded system to control them using Ve.Direct protocol.

I mostly use the "Remote control Register" (0x200i) for that and everything is fine except for the "0x200C : Device State" which just timeout me...

I also tried the old way, using 0x0201 but same result. All the SM250/100 are up to date with the 1.59 version.

Is it because the BMS mode is activated ? Or any idea of what's going on ?

BTW I think there is an error in the documentation, to activate the BMS mode, we need to set 0x200E to b0001000 instead of b0001001. The Networked bit 0 doesn't seem to work properly.

Thanks

Best regards,

Nicolas

VE.Directcommunication protocol
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

I think the device state register is inactive in the BMS mode, but you should get a value back, not a timeout.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Danakil avatar image
Danakil answered ·

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your answer, reading your post made me check my code and I realize I forgot a statement, that's why there was a problem... :/

2 |3000

Related Resources

VE.Direct protocol FAQ

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic