question

s-j-simpson avatar image
s-j-simpson asked

ESS Multiplus 2, Grid meter inaccuracy's problems.

Hi folks, I'm looking for any pointers here.

I have a Multiplus 3000w 48v running in ESS mode, running Pylontech batteries, and using a Cerbo GX with an ET112 energy meter and a wind turbine as a DC source,

The problem I am having is I have the grid setpoint set to 0w, and on the display as you can see it indicates its balancing the load on the grid side to around 0 watts, but my actual grid usage is 430 watts, even if I set my setpoint to -100w it still remains around 400w, I have tested this with a proper clamp meter as well to confirm this.ess-problem.jpg

Also when in the Cerbo settings, in the ET112 section, it reads the voltage and the amps correct, if you multiply those 2 figures you get the actual correct grid usage in watts, but the watts calculated and displayed by the meter is off by a factor of 350w or so, and it looks like the multiplus is using this figure for its load balancing.

et112.jpg

Also when the multiplus is not connected, the grid meter gives an accurate reading in watts.

Also the Multiplus seems to be using around 130 watts from the mains when in Idle, which is not efficient, it is set to be in search mode, when not inverting it should use around 5w, battery life is turned off.

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Stewart

ess grid setpoint not reached
ess-problem.jpg (2.9 MiB)
et112.jpg (79.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
laurentiupitran avatar image
laurentiupitran answered ·

energy-consumption-by-victron.jpgi good remember that i posy same problem long time ago.

please see attachet figure to compare with Victron measurements in a ESS three phase system.consumed-energy-measured-with-non-victron-equipmen.jpg

in those examples, there is a surveilance during 6 moinths; consum_casa is house load. this period can be extended with numbers.

related to energy in DC, there are also some of my post that indicate a discrepancy between what is used from battery and what we have "on load" . this discrepancy in fact affect the randament of Victron equipments or the system ESS .

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic