question

will-bunce avatar image
will-bunce asked

Why do my lynx distributors not show up in VRM, and why does only one show in Victron connect?

Neither of my Lynx Distributors show up within the VRM, and only one shows fuse statuses etc within the Victron connect app.

Have checked RJ45 cables and swapped them around, its not a fault with the cables.

Also does anyone know why the bluetooth connection to teh VC app is so much weaker on the Lynx BMS and Distributors, compared with the Orion, Battery Protect and LIfepo4 smart batteries?

also any way of having the Lynx BMS and Distributors show up in VRM on CGCX or portal (as a widget)

Im tempted to remove colour controller and replace with an old iphone displaying the VC APP, at least then everything is visible with correct Icon! (aside from aforementioned Lyns Distributors)

Thanks.

W

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Will Bunce , you have a Lynx Smart BMS 500, right?

Those Lynx Distributors don’t show up yet since the functionality for that is still missing in the software. It took (far) longer than expected to get that all in place. Good news is that it works here now on the desk, so a after a few more months of finishing up and testing you should expect that early Q2.

Sorry its not there yet! Matthijs

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

will-bunce avatar image will-bunce commented ·
Hi Matthijs,

sorry I posted my reply without seeing yours!

Yes that is correct, Lynx Smart BMS 500.

I have at least got the Distributors to show within VC App ( inside the BMS display) but would be nice if they showed up in the main device list. and obviously as discussed within VRM and on CGCX, with unique avatar / icon.

Great to hear this is being worked on, I look forward to the update.

Is there anything I can do to boost the bluetooth of the Lynx Products, Battery Protect, and Orion? It seems odd and a shame to me that these newer products have weaker bluetooth than the older BMV 712 smart. why is this?

- I have to stand right next to the devices to get strong enough bluetooth for them too show in app, using iphone 12, although the smart LifePo4 batteries, and the BMV 712 show up and can be interfaced when at furthest point away, I.E In bed in the bow of the boat, about 20 feet.

Many Thanks

Will

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ will-bunce commented ·

Hi Will, I’m not sure wrt that bluetooth signal. Its really difficult to make it consistent. Its affected by large metal parts (like for example in your Lynx Smart BMS. And affected by many other thing too.

I’m afraid that just is what it is. But (!) we’ll be making some improvements the coming time (2022 Q3) that will allow you to see basic info without having to connect, and I expect that has less requirement for good signal, since its one way communication.

0 Likes 0 ·
will-bunce avatar image
will-bunce answered ·

Have managed to activate the second Distributor by flicking one of the dip switches, as described in the manual.

Also added fuses to each of the slots, to avoid false blown fuse warnings.

its still frustrating that the VRM is not fully integrated with the lynx tech, even such things as the icon for the Lynx smart BM, is displayed at a BMV 712, which is confusing as I have one in place monitoring my starter battery ( again annoying that victron did not include starter battery monitoring within the smart bms)

I wonder if Victron will update the software for better UI and user experience.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic