question

hoeken avatar image
hoeken asked

Lynx Smart BMS Allow to Charge / Allow to Discharge Pins?

The new Lynx Smart BMS is pretty awesome. I really love how it simplifies and streamlines a LFP system. I've been looking through the various example drawings and documentation, and I'm a bit confused about the Allow to Charge and Allow to Discharge pins.

In particular, Pin #3 and Pin #5 are confusing. In the documentation, pins #3/4 and pins #5/6 have identical descriptions, but in the example drawings it seems like pins #3 and #5 are being used as a supply voltage, and then pins #4 and #6 are the actual ATC/ATD signals?

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

You are correct, Pins 3 and 5 provide the power to the ATC/ATD signal which comes out on pins 4 and 6.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tonyalexander avatar image tonyalexander commented ·

Do I understand correctly that in order to use the 2nd ATD and ATC pins on the Smart BMS one must first jumper over power from AUX+ to the 1st respective pins?

I've seen some Victron wiring diagrams that do this with an inline 0.5A fused line but in the past I don't think this was needed for something like a Smart Battery Protect. It was just connect REMOTE-H to the ATD on the BMS (the older ones) and you were good to go on that front. Are you implying this would not work on the Smart BMS without that voltage jumper in addition?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic