question

spaghman avatar image
spaghman asked

Lost connection to Victron Venus on raspberry pi

Hello together,

I have a RPi 3B+ set up to be able to monitor my MPPT controller remotely. I do without display and touch function and use only my TV to view the settings and real time data to observe.

The Pi is operated accordingly via the load output of the controller 12V DC and a DC/DC converter via USB.

The TV is connected via HDMI.

I turn on the TV as needed to make settings or get the data.

The Pi is on the internet with a router via WiFi and I can access it via the VRM portal.

Now to my problem:

After a few minutes, the connection to the network seems to drop. In the VRM portal, the minutes count up showing the time of the last connection to the Pi and not are no longer provided as realtime data. <-- the refresh rate is set to 1min.

in the Victron Connect app, the Pi appears as "online", but i get the message when trying to connect:

"MQTT-RPC

Connection to RPC broker not possible. Unable to configure the device. Error Code R15"

(translated from German)

After about 4 hours, the Pi then appears as offline in the app.

What I have not yet been able to determine if there is a connection with the TV being turned off and sending a signal to the Pi.

But to be honest, the cause lies elsewhere. For this I need your help....

VRMVenus OSRaspberry PiMQTT
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Peter Buijs - NL avatar image
Peter Buijs - NL answered ·

Can you access the the Pi in the local WiFi network. For example with a laptop or tablet or smartphone? http://ipnumber_from_Pi

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

spaghman avatar image spaghman commented ·

Hi @Peter Buijs - NL,

Yes I can. In the moment i was connected the vrm portal was updated as well… so now the time counter is reset.

But still same issue

0 Likes 0 ·
spaghman avatar image spaghman commented ·

232761e0-ccad-49fe-828f-244716e83377.png
fcd353fe-b392-4037-a1e7-50b808deb73c.pngsome additional infos from the app

0 Likes 0 ·
Peter Buijs - NL avatar image
Peter Buijs - NL answered ·
2 |3000