question

marekp avatar image
marekp asked

MQTT-PRC broker error #15

Hi,

Where I can find an explanation of MQTT-RPC broker error #15?

When trying to connect to my smart devices (2 MPPTs and 1 SmartShunt) I am getting this massage:

img-0483.png

Does anyone know what to do with it?

Best Regards.

MQTT
img-0483.png (157.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@MarekP

I had that error and others, must have been a temporary issue. It seems to have cleared up for me. Have you tried again?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·
@Alexandra

Thank you for response.

Tried again just now, and now I am getting error #2. :(

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi

Do you still get an error? Have you tried signing out and signing back in again in the VictronConnect settings?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

6 comments
2 |3000

@Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff)

Yes.

I did what you suggested. Sign out and sing in.

Still get this error #R2

img-0504.png

Also I get this massage:

img-0502.png

Which is strange since I can get this:

img-0500.png

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Marek

0 Likes 0 ·
img-0504.png (157.4 KiB)
img-0502.png (166.3 KiB)
img-0500.png (353.7 KiB)

Is there a problem with my connection to VRM through VictronConnect?

I still get this screen when I start VictronConnect.

img-0511.png

Sometimes it is Error Code: #R3

I no longer see the #R15.

It looks like it is a permanent error.

0 Likes 0 ·
img-0511.png (156.8 KiB)
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ marekp commented ·

Hi @MarekP

As far as we know there are no problems with the VRM connection in VictronConnect. I suspect that the problem lies somewhere in the network that you are connected to. Error #R3 means that the hostname that is used (vrmapi.victronenergy.com !!) cannot be converted to an IP address. Perhaps there is a form of DNS filtering or ad filtering active on the network and it does not provide access to this name and/or ip address?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

Thank you for info about R3 error..

It would help me troubleshoot this problem if you would explain also the other errors I am getting.

MQTT-RPC

R2

R15

VRM

R204

Regards,

Marek

0 Likes 0 ·
Al avatar image Al marekp commented ·

I regularly get #R15 Error, I found the only way to use Victron Connect was to turn off WiFi on my phone - This stopped the error, so maybe also something to do with network DNS filters too?

screenshot-20220105-141443.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ marekp commented ·

Hi

R2 means that the other side (normally vrmapi.victronenergy.com but it could be the wifi router on a public wifi which requires you to log in first) closed the connection.

R15 is a general network error. I am guessing a bit here, but I can imagine that this might be returned when the phone is switching between wifi and mobile data connection while VictronConnect is trying to make a connection.

R204 means that the credentials were not accepted by the other side (as said, normally vrmapi.victronenergy.com). This would require a sign off and sign on in VictronConnect.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·
@Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) and all that follow.

After digging into this problem and reading of all the possible reasons for this problem, I decided to first check if there is a new version of Victronconnect available. Found it on Appstore.

After updating to the latest version this problem vanished.

Best Regards to all,

Marek

2 |3000

Related Resources