question

lobocut avatar image
lobocut asked

VictronConnect App Cannot DIscover IP65 Charger?

VictronConnect App Cannot DIscover IP65 Charger?

I have just purchased a used IP65 12/15 charger and connected it to my batteries. The charger has switched on fine and is charging the batteries but I cannot connect to the charger via the app on my iphone, it finds nothing to connect to. App freshly downloaded, BT turned on and phone sat next to powered IP65 charger yet nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

And yes, i have the BT one.

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lobocut avatar image
lobocut answered ·

Thank you for the answer.

I bought it new from a store, but i have tried that reset. I have even tried it with two diffrent iphones, with the Victronconnect app, non of them see the divice in the app.

I dont even see it in the list for bluetooth divices that the phone can see. Should i see it there?

I have my garage under a apartment komplex, and can see other bluetooth devices in my own phone, from some ppl in the komplex. Can that lock me out, from trying to see the device in the app and in my phone, because Victron Blue Smart IP65 is is trying to connect another device in the complex?

I will try and isolate my charger tomorrow, and see if that helps.

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

If you try to connect with the phone, not the connect app, the app won't be able to connect.

It's OK to check visibility from the phone's bluetooth menu. But if it's been connected there, must be removed.

But sounds like a different problem. There is/was a connection issue with iPhone, not sure if it's solved or not.

1 comment
2 |3000

lobocut avatar image lobocut commented ·

Hi!

I know you are not supposed to connect with the phone, and i didn't.

How long has this connection issue with iPhone been? Ar they working on a fix? I have a Iphone 11 Pro, with the latest latest firmware (15.2).

0 Likes 0 ·
lobocut avatar image
lobocut answered ·

Downloaded a app called BT Inspectror, to see if if that can see the charger. But no luck...

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
I think you should contact the seller from whom you bought it. I think it is defective.
0 Likes 0 ·
lobocut avatar image
lobocut answered ·

! contacted the seller, and got a new one. Now it works just fine.

2 |3000

Related Resources