question

gringosailingexpeditions avatar image
gringosailingexpeditions asked

Lynx BMS and Battery data missing on VRM

Hello,

I am still trying to debug my new setup ,

I have a <LYNX bms, 3x200 smart Li, Cerbo gx and a Multiplus

All firm ware is current

I have not been able to get almost any of the VE Can data from the LYNX BMS on VRM. all the VE BUS and Venus data appears. I have activated all the widgets. Id really like to be able to see cell voltage and tempimg-2294.jpg.

Ive re read all the manuals and cant figure this out

Thoughts?

VRMBMS
img-2294.jpg (78.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

Working as designed. The widgets displayed on VRM do not have any data as this version of the Lynx BMS is not able to report this data. I believe that the widget is a generic widget and that there are other BMS's (such as the Lynx Ion BMS, a previous generation) which did report these values.

The Lynx Smart BMS is unable to display cell level details, as it has no ability to read the cell data from the Lithium Battery. The device is unable to report the battery temperature as there is no probe to monitor this. There is no externally controlled relay and so the relay state is not displayed.

I suspect as the product and VRM developed data that can be fetched and displayed will be and that these widgets may change.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gringosailingexpeditions avatar image gringosailingexpeditions commented ·
awesome answer thank you

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources