question

vicsla avatar image
vicsla asked

24V charger with 3 isolated output to charge 48V battery bank

Hello,

Recent fan and total newbie.

I am thinking of a 48V back up system with grid charging for my home power few lights and security system.

When it comes to chargers I found few Victron chargers with 24V ,three isolated outputs. Is it possible to combine the isolated output in series to make a 48V charger? I am looking at

PHOENIX smart IP43

SKYLLA IP 65.

To be future proof I will need Li Battery charge option hence cant use Skylla TG only option with 48V.

Thank you.

battery chargingcharger48v battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
vicsla avatar image
vicsla answered ·

After going back and forth with a sales agent from Victron energy ,who initially carelessly said it is possible ,it is clear now that FET isolated output still has a common ground and hence will not generate 48V to charge a battery bank from it.

But one thing was very clear with this interaction. Victron energy do not care about end users. They do not have a system to address technical questions related to their hardware. They would want the customer to ask around the dealers and installers who may answer based on what they know. Which can differ at times.

It was rather shocking to see a company which boast on their hardware do not have a system to address a technical questions by paying someone to do it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic