question

drlbradley avatar image
drlbradley asked

VictronConnect Feature Request

My Victron setup is installed in my motorhome(RV), I would like the Victron app to list the devices such that those that are already paired/known appear at the very top of the list.

This is so that when I am parked near other motorhomers with Victron kit installed (it happens regularly) - that *my* devices are at the top of the device list.

VictronConnectfeature request
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

That is a very good idea.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

drlbradley avatar image drlbradley commented ·
Thanks, its really annoying to have to scroll through irrelevant devices to hunt for my own in the app - my suggestion is the only workable one I could think of that would resolve the issue.
0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Tierney avatar image Justin Tierney commented ·

I agree. I've gotten most of my friends that I camp with to get a BMV or MPPT from Victron. So when we all camp together, it can get a bit messy. Almost need a "known" device tab so anything you've named and have connected to shows there. Then a different tab for anything new or searchable. Either way, still love the products and honestly it's a good problem to have.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You can rename your devices and use the search icon.

1 comment
2 |3000

drlbradley avatar image drlbradley commented ·

Yes and that would be nice if the search persisted , or even was remembered for a reasonable length of time.

My suggestion would resolve the need to repeat the search

0 Likes 0 ·
drlbradley avatar image
drlbradley answered ·

the length of time that this search persists is device/memory dependent, the user needs to repeat the search - the search term isn’t stored either.
its not an ideal solution

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.