question

jokani avatar image
jokani asked

OS Large - UDP server to Output NMEA

I currently have a Digital Yacht YDNR-02 Router, that acts as a UDP server that my laptop & iPad can connect to wirelessly to receive all NMEA data.

I am intending to install OS Large & Signal K, will SK be able to act as a wireless UDP server and make the YDNR-02 redundant?

Venus OSSignalK
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Jokani,

I would keep the YDNR just in case you will have more YD devices in the future to make firmware updates with them easy.

However, the answer to your question is yes. SK with the udp-nmea-plugin will send NMEA0183 via whatever interface incl. Wifi and therefor replace the YDNR-02. All Signal K data needs to be converted to NMEA0183 with another plugin. But it works also without plugin because by default Signalk sends it own data already via UDP and TCP.

I have the YDWG and use both.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jokani avatar image
jokani answered ·

Many thanks @Stefanie

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic