question

drewc228 avatar image
drewc228 asked

SignalK can't seem to connect to Venus on RPI

Hi. I am trying to make work a simple two RPI setup, with SignalK Server running on one RPI and Venus 2.56 (just updated) running on the other -- connected via Ethernet. I start Venus on the first RPI, verifying Ethernet address and connectivity. Then I configure the Victron Venus plugin (tks Steve Bender) on the other, using the IP address from the Venus and guessing on the port (80? 3000? Where do I find this?). Seems no matter which port I choose, it tries to connect, but I receive, from SignalK, the message "no authentication methods left to try". I am posting over on SignalK forum as well, but does anyone know if there is there a special port to use when connecting to SignalK? Has anyone gotten this kind of simple connection going? Thanks!

Venus OSSignalK
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Scott Bender avatar image
Scott Bender answered ·

Did you edit /etc/dbus-1/system.conf as described at https://github.com/sbender9/signalk-venus-plugin ?

Then make sure you have "Connect to remote Venus installation" selected and use port 78.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

drewc228 avatar image drewc228 commented ·

Scott, thanks, it now connects and is showing data! I had overlooked the system.conf edit as I wasn't sure it applied to RPI installations as well as Victron devices. Now I am eager to push the data through OpenPlotter onto my NMEA2000 bus to share with the MFD and other equipment.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic