question

jokani avatar image
jokani asked

Cerbo - Large Image - Signal K

I am thinking of installing the large image version of the Venus OS so that I can use Signal K data, plugins/Webapps .

What are the downsides (if any) of taking the route rather than installing a separate Raspberry Pi ?

cerbo gxVenus OSSignalK
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Jokani,

there is no downsides, only advantages., except that there is no official support for Venus OS large image.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jokani avatar image
jokani answered ·

How about backups, I think with a Raspberry I can copy the card, backing up Signal K and everything else. But there isn't a way to backup the data on the Cerbo?

1 comment
2 |3000

>>But there isn't a way to backup the data on the Cerbo?<<

Not yet, but afaik they are working on something like backup user data (Signal K, Nodes, Flows etc.) to a USB drive,

Right now all user data is stored already in the /data folder on it's own partition and it will survive a firmware update. Easy to copy this folder just as a backup.

0 Likes 0 ·
jokani avatar image
jokani answered ·

Bump - Any info on backups?

2 |3000

Related Resources