question

haavard avatar image
haavard asked

Allowed PGNs in Venus OS Large

Hi guys!

I'm trying my luck with SingalK, Victron Cerbo GX and Raymarine Autopilot on N2K. So far with a few plugins I can now manage to change autopilot state through SignalK and WilhelmSK, but I can not turn degrees left and right, it gives an error message (Autopilot not in wind or auto, but it is). Some troubleshooting and googling led me to believe there might be a PGN issue, but I can not find out where to add additional allowed PGNs into the Venus OS large. Does any of you have any experience with this?

I found a similar issue, with a few guys that uses RPi with OpenCPN, they add the PGN to the allowed list, I want to try this in my Cerbo, but cant figure out how!

Source:

https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=1954

"Regarding the raymarine evolution autopilot (connected via canUSB v2), I had issues that I could change the state (auto, standby, wind, track), but not the course. First is done by enabling 126208, as you said. The latter is done with PGN 126720 in the current version of signalk_autopilot. "

Any ideas?

cerbo gxVenus OSNMEA 2000 - N2KSignalKraymarine
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @haavard@instrumentpartner.no,

the Cerbo GX with Venus OS large image acts as a N2K bridge, so will simply pass along all PGNs. I don't know of any exception.

For the Autopilot problem see my comment on Slack.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

haavard avatar image
haavard answered ·

Hi again, eid anybody else have any problems making this connection? Assuming all is OK with PGNs and so on, could I be missing any plugins or could my network be improper set up?

I am only allowed to alter state - Auto - wind - standby, not change course, tack or similar.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic