question

miya avatar image
miya asked

Lynx Smart BMS // Victron Connect

Hi

I know the Lynx Smart BMS can we viewed on Victron Connect - via Bluetooth - it can be seen under the LOCAL tab.

However, can it be viewed and controlled on Victron Connect - when not using connected to Bluetooth - but over the internet (VRM tab) ? Will it appear as a device on my Cerbo GX (in the same way VE.Direct connected devices do) ?

Thanks

Tim

BMSVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Miya,

it will appear as a device in the device list (Remote Console) just like any other device connected via VE.Direct, VE.Bus and VE.Can.
You can access all info from Lynx Smart BMS via VRM Remote Console. But it's not the same like you're used to from VictronConnect and you can't change anything.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

miya avatar image miya commented ·

Hi Stefanie

So it wont appear on VictronConnect with MPPTs (and like a BMV connected via VE.Direct) would ?

Thanks,

Tim

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ miya commented ·

It will appear on VictronConnect only when connected locally via Bluetooth, if that's what you were asking (ok I see now what you mean: Local tab vs. VRM tab).

It does not appear on VictronConnect when connected via the VRM tab in VictronConnect.

img-4948.png

0 Likes 0 ·
img-4948.png (286.1 KiB)
miya avatar image miya Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks Stefanie - understood. That's a shame - I hoped it would appear in the same way BMV shunt would. Thanks for answering so many of my questions - really appreciate it.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic