question

prithvi avatar image
prithvi asked

Easy solar 5000 wired interface for configuring and monitoring

Is it possible with one wired interface to be able to monitor and configure both MPPT and inverter with

1. EasySolar 48/5000/70 MPPT 150/100 Color Control
  2. EasySolar-II 48/5000/70-50 MPPT 250/100 GX

If so which is the interface to do so for the above two units?

Thanks.

EasySolar All-in-Onemonitoringcommunication protocol
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @prithvi

Just a single ethernet cable to a router/www. And a Win laptop is compatible with all the Victron software.

VRM portal, Victron Connect, MFD app, firmware updates, and all settings are easily reached.

I added a usb nano wifi to my (early) Easy, but that's just a failover for the cable.

I like it like this, over to you..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

prithvi avatar image
prithvi answered ·

Thanks JohnC for the answer. Since we have a low cost gateway that doesn't have Ethernet TCP/IP on board, would it be possible over VE.Direct or VE.CAN or VE.Bus?

1 comment
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·
@prithvi

What is this 'gateway'? It might still be made to work. I'm currently using just a cheap wifi hotspot that has no cable, just independent usb power. It's not supposed to route or be bridged to a router, but the lappy can see it, so can the GX (with my added usb nano), and I can access the GX direct from the lappy too.

I have both cable and wifi on the GX. The cable goes to the lappy, and with ICS invoked the GX can access the hotspot. The ICS is a bit unstable and needs address resetting every few days, but when that happens I don't notice it because it fails over to the wifi. The wifi is actually better because it doesn't need the lappy turned on, and VRM is updated in real time.

Accessing as you desire in other ways will be a real challenge and require more kit anyway.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

EasySolar 1600 product page

EasySolar-II GX 3000 & 5000 product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic