question

codysmith avatar image
codysmith asked

75/15 “why is the charger off”

I have 2x 100w panels ran in series on my van to a VictronConnect 75/15 charge controller and a 170ah lithium battery. I have used this set up for over 18 months with zero issues. Over the last 2 weeks my charge controller says “why is the charger off” and has not shown any watts come in over the past 15 days. I checked all fuses and wires and they are all fine. The only thing I could think of was I camped in 5 degree weather for 3 days but even resetting the charge controller, nothing. I checked last week and I was getting 21v of solar to the charge controller pv and 13v to the battery side of my charge controller (nothing has ever been connected to the load terminals). Does anyone have any ideas?

6a03aba9-0845-4327-b5d0-5aa0ca6cbd65.png

MPPT ControllerschargerVictronConnectremote console
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

brian-norwick avatar image brian-norwick commented ·
I am in a similar situation - curious if you were able to troubleshoot the problem?
0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ brian-norwick commented ·

Click the message and it will tell you why your charger is off.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
codysmith avatar image
codysmith answered ·

a6120f25-f336-4246-a82c-c69eeb9e189e.pngImage Caption

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

An aside - lithium doesn't need equalisation.

The Why is charger off is not a question, it's telling you there's a message for you about it.

Battery voltage is being shown, not charger output voltage as there isn't one.

Would help to see the expert mode settings.

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Suggestion - you may be below the charging temp for lithium.

2 |3000

mjs500 avatar image
mjs500 answered ·

Why is charger off solar voltage too low base on reading from the 75/15 mppt and if you can see 21v from pv with a meter your problem is with solar controller set up ( lithium doesn't need equalisation.)or hard ware fault

low battery temp will trigger bms to stop charging battery

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows